Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Is hoping for a better day naive?

I made another small contribution to Barack Obama's campaign today. I want to help show that New Hampshire results have done nothing to dampen the enthusiasm I have for the important new politics that Barack offers. I believe that we will have to work hard to enact the change we want to see - not only the changes in policy that we desperately need, but also (and more importantly) change in the process of politics that our generation hopes for.

The politics of fear and division have done little to deal with issues that will impact our generation - warming, health care costs, social security, economic stability. I know that we need a unifying and collaborative politics to move forward.

When Barack stands up and says we can change the system, he is called naive and inexperienced. They say he needs to understand that only rancor and discord can ultimately win an election, and for too long, that has been true. But, as voters, we get what we pay for, and I for one am ready to shop for change.

Are Tennesseans ready to join me? I think they are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I joined you.

Anonymous said...

I get up every morning with my new diagnosis of MS and wonder if I will ever dig myself out of the hole that has been created because of medical bills and lost work when I went blind and had to re-learn walking

I wonder if anyone will EVER give me affordable health insurance that covers my life altering drug.

I may not have much but now because of Barack Obama I have HOPE.

Ben Vos said...

False hope was believing that "the Iraqi people will welcome us as liberators" in 2003.

Real hope is believing that the world community is capable of joining together to resolve complex problems like AIDS in Africa, global warming, and Islamic terrorism.

False hope is believing that you can have the same leaders switch chairs and see a substantive change.

Real hope is believing that Barack Obama can join people together to make America a stronger country.